There is currently no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. It is thought to be spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (< 2metres)
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can be inhaled by persons nearby.
Take Steps to protect yourself.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, before eating or after using the toilet. Action: Ensure liquid soap and paper towels available at KAC facilities. Consider use of 60%+ alcohol sanitizer with dispensers located in CPC foyer and Church vestibules.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or those at higher risk of getting very sick. Stay at least 2m away. No handshakes or embraces. Self- isolate if flu-like symptoms occur.
Take steps to protect others.
- Stay home if you’re sick, except to get medical care. Self- isolate for 14 days or see Doctor.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze – or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the bin
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for >20 seconds. If not available use sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily –Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, taps and sinks. Use detergent, soap and water, or disinfectant – as appropriate to the surface.
- Centre for Disease Control & Prevention
- NSW Government: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/protect-yourself.aspx
- Australian Government: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov.